Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Who are he bad guys and who are the good guys?

In my past I could probably tell you who was a "good guy" and who was a "bad guy".   Today I couldn't even guess at times.   People hide their true selves under all sorts of facades.  You don't know who you're talking to any more. 

This past election season was proof positive of that.  I listened to all sorts of speeches, debates and tirades from both sides of the realm.   I tried to stay neutral to listen to all of the ideas and notions before I took a strong stance for myself.

I was on a forum panel of sorts with some men I didn' know.  These men were intelligent and well spoken (written?).  I liked reading their thoughts and ideas but after a while I thought about some oft the things they were spouting and I started to wonder about it.  The things that were being quoted, ranted and raved about were things I thought had been discussed years ago and everyone had come to the realization that life as we knew it was gone and we would have to adapt to a new...everything. 

Of course none of us like change in our life.  The reality is, you don't have a choice in the matter.  Things change every minute of every day.... We don't have the ability to make things stay the same. It isn't going to happen no matter how much you fight for it.  Give it a rest and make the best of what you have, is what I say.  But then I'm just a lowly logical person. 

It was hard to tell which hat some of these politicians were wearing this time.  In the past you could tell in an instant who was who and what they stood for.  This time it was a bit hazy to me.   I would listen to everyone then decide how much of what was been said was to get my attention to vote for the candidate....Never mind that it was probably lip service and the speech was written for a particular audience to garner votes.  I saw this happen over and over again, from both sides...I guess that's why I'm not in politics. I don't usually hone my statements to fit a particular audience.  I am what I am, like Popeye.

Some people never give up. They can't believe that everything they believed in was not accepted with open arms by everyone.  Again, it doesn't matter which side you may be on, it's seems the same for all the politicians.

It's time we all evaluate who we are and what we want for ourselves and our country.  This is the holiday season now and it's time to "make nice".  Let's all try to put on one hat and try to get along.  Let's see the other side for what they really are, Americans.  That's all....

1 comment:

ray stendardi said...

Sue, I read your posts and I know exactly what you are talking about. Change comes faster than ever: some for the better, some not.
I enjoyed reading what you had to say.
Ray Stendardi