Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm too old for this world I fear..

OK I've know for a while that I'm older than dirt but never more than now... I muddle along like most of my compatriots, and we do seem to go in a forward motion, most of the time to, but honestly sometimes it doesn't seem worth it.

Everybody knows we have to have change, and we all accept it. I mean, what else can we do? We sure can't say, "Stop the world, I want to get off".  (I think that was a play, wasn't it?) Sounds to me like lots of folks before me had the same thoughts. 

We live in an age where we can't do much without the use of computers.  You can fight it all you want YOU will go away, the computers, they're here to stay. So now we all have that straight. 

When the blasted things go bad, they go really bad.  There's no such thing as tearing the page out and starting over.  Well, you can start over,  but it's not as easy as it was when you were using paper and pencil.  You resign yourself to the fact that your life will be a  living Hell until you get the computer back to the way it was when it went bad.  My experience with bad computers is when they go bad, they take no prisoners. Nope, they are the killers...the psychopaths of the electronic world.  They don't give a flying fig about the person who keeps them powered up.  They don't care about the person who makes sure the other person in the house doesn't spill any coffee on/in them.  No, they're bad asses, totally bad asses.


My little bit of warning for the rest of society...Don't say I didn't warn you.  That's all.

No comments: