Thursday, May 14, 2015

So all right already...

I've been getting grief from some folks because I am remiss in my blog writing.  So rather than continuing to listen to the queries as to why I've been so quiet, here I am...

Life is funny. I know you've heard and read that a hundred times or more but honest, it really is funny if you really observe your fellow man. 

1.  I watched a man come out of Stewart's convenience store today carrying more than any one person should try to carry at one time.  I watched him thinking, "this is going to end badly".  I was correct.   Every single item he was attempting to carry all at once hit the bricks; coffee, a bag with bread, butter, a jar of "something" and peanut butter hit the ground.  The jar broke and the "something" spilled over his cute little bare toes...He had sandals on but they were not substantial...just some straps of fake leather...The man tried to catch some of the stuff in mid fall, but ended up slamming into the car (I hope it was his) and kind of slid down the side in a heap....I know I shouldn't have laughed and to be honest I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't...

2.  A woman (who should have known better) was walking at a quick pace while looking down at her phone.  She was obviously oblivious to her surroundings as she walked off a curb and fell to her knees...Again, I knew I shouldn't laugh, and this time I didn't.  I ran over to help her and she sort of waved me away never once letting her eyes leave the screen of her phone...Now, come on...

3.  At the gas station, I observed a youngish man (again with the man...) as he filled up his vehicle.  He was paying no attention to anything at all.  I thought he was in some state of meditation or something.  I watched him as he filled the car and when the hose stopped filling (because the tank was filled...duh...) he proceeded to pull the hose out just a little to add more, then a little bit farther up to add more, then the hose was out of the filler and he sprayed the gasoline all over his feet.  First of all, I never thought that could happen with all those safety things on the hoses these days....wrong.  The guy was furious.  I watched and thought, "I hope he's  not a smoker".

So now I've started to blog again. I'm done for tonight....I'm tired......

No comments: